I’ve resolved to sleep more and better in 2016. And you should, too. A kicky concealer is good. But rest is better. 2am sex is electric, but 10pm sex followed immediately by dopamine-fueled slumber is a boutique fitness session and a juice cleanse for $0. You could indulge in chocolate and wine, sure. Or, you could get the check and tuck into nine uninterrupted hours of bliss. Because this, I know: Sleep is delicious. It’s time to treat it like the luxury good (note: great) that it is. It’s January, goddammit. You have opposable thumbs and big dreams! Get out there and make your bed.
1. Savoir Beds: When the Peninsula Hotel in Manhattan wanted guests to really unwind, it tapped Savoir Beds to furnish handmade mattresses for its rooms. Should you crave a posh mattress, look no further than the London-based manufacturer of luxury beds. Unlike cheekier upstarts, it’s been around for over 100 years and makes bespoke headboards, which seem lovely and very much like the kind of perk Kate Middleton would value.
2. Parachute Bedding: At $199 (or $129 without the duvet—your call), a set of Parachute sheets is pricier than Pottery Barn. But I dare you not to reach for your wallet when you lay your hands on them. Each is a cloth cloud. Online, you can order swatches of the woven enchantment. Should you decide not to purchase a cashmere quilt from the retailer, you can use them to dry your tears.
3. Claritin Pillow: Claritin—more than just nasal spray. The makers of your drugstore lifeline have gotten into the bedding business, selling allergen-free pillows at Bed Bath & Beyond. Stuffed with Clearloft down alternative, these babies block dust mites, pet dander, and stains. True story: I once slept on a balled-up college sweatshirt for almost three weeks, because I was “too busy” to buy a pillow. Be better than me.
4. Lumio Book Lamp: Your bedside table deserves better than an illuminated iPhone. To inspire you to forgo electronic devices in the bedroom and read novels, purchase the Lumio Book Lamp. You can CandyCrush in daylight.
5. Le Labo Petit Grain 21 Candle: For graduation, a fancy older friend who once lived down the hall from Jay-Z and Beyoncé gave me this candle. It smells like an olive grove at dusk and luck. It makes my evenings better and smarter and chicer. It gives me permission to forget that I do not have a whirlpool tub and that I do have work in 12 hours. God, what could be better than that?
Photo via Getty.