Everyone’s calendars are bursting with holiday fetes and Christmas cocktails — it’s the perfect time to take the chance on a sexy new look, à la glossy eye. Plus, it only takes five minutes and can be perfected in the bumpiest of taxi cabs, and when you’re running from one party to another, you might have to get creative. This quickie will have you sipping champagne and dancing into 2014 looking like a knockout. Now the only dilemma left is choosing which track is your fave on the new Beyoncé album. Peep the how to below:
1. Pat on a taupey brown eyeshadow, like MAC Shadow in Patina, all over your lid.
2. Introduce some shine by swiping a metallic gold shadow along the crease. Lightly blend the shadow upwards using a brush. I used Clinique All About Shadow in At Dusk.
3. Line your upper lashline and lower waterline with a brown eyeliner pencil. I chose Butter London’s warm chocolate shade, Brown Sugar. I like its rich color and soft texture.
4. Cover your lids with a gloss, using a blending brush .Softly press the balm onto your lids until they are completely coated. Expect some smudging. (I used a discontinued shade of MAC Tendertone–but their lip glass in Myth works as well.)
5. Add a swipe of your favorite mascara to your top and bottom lashes. Be sure to get the outer corners where your lashes meet to really open up your eyes. Then, finish the look with a bold matte lip.
-Photos by Sandra Myhrberg in Stockholm