There are a few rules I live by, I like to think of them as my beauty girl’s guide to daily living. These daily do’s pay off in the long run and keep me looking my best, even when I’m run down. So without further adieu here are my 5 essential beauty basics.
1. I Always take off my makeup before going to bed. Whether it’s 6 am and I can barely stand up or have a first class ticket to lazy town, removing my makeup is one of the few things that I will jump out of bed for. There’s nothing worse than waking up in the morning with congested pores and raccoon eyes. Passing out on the pillow with a dirty face pretty much ensures a few days of looking horrible. My nighttime routine is just as important as what I do when I’m getting ready to go out in the morning.
2. Nighttime is the right time to soak up all the moisture goodness that oils have to offer. I love to massage in an oil before bed and wake up to fresh and glowing skin. The oil ruling my top shelf at the moment is StriVectinLABS High Performance Booster Oil. It’s ultra nourishing and enriched with essential fatty acids that work overtime to hydrate and boost radiance. A few drops of the sleek oil absorbs deeply into my pores for an ultra-rich overnight treatment. Indulging in a rich evening regimen is essential during the cold winter months, no one wants to wake up with dry scaly skin. I’ll take a few more drops of oil please! And for an added bonus the bright citrusy scent is amazing.
3. I go green in the mornings, sipping a tall glass of earthy goodness. We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but all breakfasts aren’t created equal. I’m obsessed with Super Elixir, a super model approved alkalizing green supplement that works wonders on my complexion. I scoop a few spoons into the vitamix along with almond milk and frozen berries before I’m out the door for a perfect start to my day.
4. Toning is everything. Who needs facial yoga, when there’s a machine that will keep you looking Dorian Gray style young? I’ve grown addicted to StriVectinLABS Facial Toner device. Once a week I pamper myself with an electrvitamotherapy facial massage. Spa’s use the same FDA-approved technology to stimulate facial muscles and preserve mass and volume aka keep you looking forever young. The $200 investment is a bit steep, but worth the in house spa level results. I’m a big fan of reverse aging without having to leave the house.
5. I don’t always wear mascara but I never leave home without a touch of highlighter. I wear it 12 months a year and opt for an organic alternative like RMS Living Luminzer. A subtle touch on the tops of my cheekbones, cupids bow and in the corners of my eye are almost invisible to the naked eye, yet add a little extra glow that gives me confidence. It’s the perfect finishing touch for an off-duty look and adds the right amount of oomph for when I’m properly done up. I’m all about the small details, and highlighter is one that’s always a must.
Bonus! Receive a free full-sized StriVectin Anti-Wrinkle Hydra Gel Treatment with promo code PATCH15. Shop StriVectin here.
Sponsored by StriVectin
Photos taken in Stockholm