There’s something understated and modern about sweeping your hair behind your ears to reveal just one ridiculously cool earring. It’s jewelry that makes a statement while being the opposite of everything tacky “Statement Jewelry” claims to be—you know what I mean? Wear less to get more—an idea we’ve been into for awhile, but one that feels right again with all the holiday merriment of late. Your schedule is busy enough, your outfit doesn’t need to be. Plus there’s the casual, cool factor: You forgot half of your earrings. On purpose.
1. IAM by Ileana Makri Safety Pin 10-Karat Gold Earring: These find the right balance between tough and sleek. I’d pair with a simple gold stud on the other ear. They also offer a more elongated version, with diamonds…which I’m planning on buying should I win the lottery. I’m feeling optimistic about that.
2. Sorelle Mara Earring: The architectural feel of the hoop/rod combo plays nicely with a single sweet pearl. Keep the rest of your look simple and let this earring do the talking.
3. Hirotaka Pavé Diamond & Gold Bar Arrow Earring: Earrings—in this case, earring—are more fun with a little danger. Though the tiny pavé diamonds make this one look a little less threatening.
4. Common Muse Nelle Ball Earring: J.W Anderson-esque (check out our gift guide) and ornamental-looking—like a silver ball on a tree. The very friendly price point makes this one a great option for those who’d like to dabble in the single earring arena.
5. Lee Brevard Julia Earring with Stone: There are loads of options from Lee Brevard both in style and price to mix and match. Inspired by antique French military medals, this one feels medieval and gives a nod to the beloved Stone Paris version.
Photo via Getty.
Looking for a great cuff to match? Claire’s got some suggestions.